Shepparton SCI Regional Network Meeting - September 2017
The September Shepparton SCI Regional Network meeting, held at the Peppermill, had no set agenda so attendees were free to discuss any issues or advice they liked!
Being such a hot topic at the moment, members mostly discussed preparing for the NDIS. Some of the questions and concerns raised by the group included:
- What happens when you turn 65?
- Will we need assistance in filling out forms?
- Who can help us fill out forms?
- What needs to be included in the application?
- When can we lodge applications?
- How long does the process take?
- Do we automatically qualify for the scheme?
- How do we access someone to help with the application?
- If your accident happened many years ago, will the medical reports suffice?
The next meeting, in October, will host a presentation on the NDIS, in which many of these questions will be answered.
The group also wished farewell and good luck to Jayne Close, from Spire, as she moves on to other things outside of AQA. Jayne was a fantastic organiser of the group and helped keep everyone to schedule!
Details of our next event
7900 Goulburn Valley Hwy, Shepparton VIC 3630
Presentation by Gabby Pragnaratne from Coloplast
Geoff Thomas: [email protected]