Run Melbourne 2015 - Pushing4Spire
At Run Melbourne 2015 Team AQA is Pushing4Spire and we’d love you to Push4Spire too.
Spire is energising something that has always been important to AQA – that there are resources in our community - people’s lived experience, talent, expertise and wisdom - that, when mobilised, are of immeasurable benefit to people with spinal cord injury (SCI), their family and friends.
Spire reflects our focus on Life with SCI where Life is far more than the SCI. It’s about connecting, networking, supporting and partnering with our community and as such is the latest expression of a 28 year history of peer facilitated supports involving all those AQA volunteers, mentors, supporters and friends who over the years have made a contribution to people with spinal cord injury.
Run Melbourne is an an important call to action to our many supporters and friends.
In 2014 funds raised went to establish our Regional Peer Networks launched early this year in Ballarat and coming soon to Shepparton.
In 2015, by Pushing4Spire all funds raised will help sustain a program of online support, 1 to 1 mentoring, community networks, short courses including volunteer training and Community Forums all designed to mobilise and connect the resources in our community to support people with spinal cord injury.
You can Push4Spire in a variety of ways.
First - Take on a Target
We can help you set up your personal fundraising page, set a personal target and spread the word. That way you can let your family, friends, work mates and any group you are part of, know that you are Pushing4Spire.
Participate in Run Melbourne
- You can join us – Enter as part of Team AQA who is Pushing4Spire
- You can participate in your own right - If you enjoy getting
out among the people of Melbourne for a Walk or a Run be it 5km 10km or the half marathon - then you can enter Run Melbourne in your own right and select AQA as you charity. Do it yourself, with family or friends or as a group.
- If you know friends, family or others in your networks who love to run be it 5km 10km or the half marathon - then you can encourage them to enter Run Melbourne 2015 in their own right and select AQA as their charity, set a target and spread the word through their networks.
You can Support us in other ways
- make a tax deductible donation direct to AQA Spire via our webpage;
- make a tax deductible donation to any member of Team AQA;
- sponsor the costs of an entrant or the Team AQA;
- volunteer on the day – Photography or other Support;
For further information:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 03 9489 0777